Thursday, December 12, 2013

In Honor of Linda Frahm

The world lost a special woman last weekend.  Linda Frahm was a colleague of mine when I worked at Lion's Park Elementary School.  I'll never forget learning of her breast cancer diagnosis upon arriving back to work from my honeymoon almost five years ago.  Since then, Linda fought her battle hard and did it with grace, perseverance, and faith. A woman dedicated to her family, her faith, her students, her coworkers, and her friends, she will be sorely missed.

This morning I received the following message from my friend Danielle who is also a member of this special group of people I like to think of as the "Lion's Family". 

Logan and I jumped on the Coil gals Blanket Brigade benefiting the children at Lurie Children's Hospital last week. In honor of Linda Frahm we made two more blankets tonight, to donate in her name. While tying each knot I had the chance to reflect on what a talented, courageous, and strong woman she was. I chose owls to represent the wisdom she shared and cats to represent her family (and their pets).

Thank you, Danielle!

What a sweet and thoughtful gesture.  I know Linda would be both honored and thrilled to know that two little patients at Lurie's will be snuggly in her honor.

We'll miss you, Linda.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment